He spoke in Abuja on Sunday during the presentation of the ministerial committee’s report on the provision of health insurance for retirees and the elderly in Nigeria.
MURIC asks NECO to shift exam from sallah day
Library association decrees poor conditions of facilities in states
He said countries that had witnessed civilization and national development took care of older persons in their midst and prioritized access to healthcare for them.
He recommended the committee for the work put into the report, saying it was not just for the elderly, but also the country’s development as a whole.
The minister promised to study it and ensure effective implementation.
He said the report had made the job of implementing the Health Insurance Act easier.
He said NHIA would ensure effective implementation once it received the report.
The chairman of the inter-ministerial committee, Linus Awute, said the committee which was inaugurated in 2020, had some delays in the submission of the report as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Health Insurance Changes When You Turn 65 | News, Sports, Jobs
- When is an abortion covered by health insurance?
- Millions of ACA health insurance plans may face hikes unless Congress acts
- Health Insurance Firm BARMER Commissions T-Systems & VERIMI to Manage Digital Identities
- What Does A Health Insurance Broker Do? – Forbes Advisor